Guests will see temporary operations adjustments at all of its parks. GBRA continues to monitor the evolving health situation with local and state health officials, and adjust its operations at park sites as necessary.
Park guests are encourage to follow GBRA social media accounts and monitor this page for the most current information.
Temporary Operations Adjustments
• Coleto Creek Park will partially reopen Tuesday, May 26,2020.
• Park guests are limited to 100 annual permit holders and/or day use passes issued combined,to allow for social distancing. Entrance to the park will be on a first come/first served basis. Please note, entrance gates will be closed and signage posted when limits are reached.
• Day passes MUST be purchased online here,or by calling (361) 575-6366. Online registration will be closed once capacity is reached.
• The number of guests allowed in the park office will be limited toone individual or one couple at a time. Plexiglass has been installed in the office to act as a barrier between guests and staff.
• Plays capes will be sanitized regularly; however, guests are also encouraged to self-sanitize with their personal sanitation supplies per CDC recommendations before, during and afterplay.
• Only the boat ramp restroom will be open at this time. It will be monitored throughout the day and cleaned three times per day at aminimum.
• Portable toilets will be placed around the park and sanitized regularly.
• Pavillions remain closed.
• Overnight camping will reopen on June 1.Reservations can be made here.
Temporary guidelines to follow when visiting the park
• Maintain at least a six-foot distance from anyone not in your group.
• No groups larger than five people are allowed, except for families or people living in the same household.
• Park staff will be wearing masks when in close proximity to others. We strongly encourage guests to wear them as well.
• Overnight camping reopens June 1,2020.Online reservations are encouraged and can be made here.
• The number of guests allowed in the park office will be limited to one individual or one couple at a time. Plexiglasshasbeeninstalledintheofficetoactasabarrierbetweenguestsandstaff.
• Campsite restrooms will reopen June 1, and cleaned three times a day at aminimum.
• Camping cabins protocol
◦ Bed sheets are laundered after every rental
◦ Disinfect mattress covers between rentals
◦ Disinfect all surfaces including bed frames, counter tops, table tops and chairs,all fixtures, and floor between rentals