Guests will see temporary operations adjustments at all of its parks and at Canyon Lake Gorge. GBRA continues to monitor the evolving health situation with local and state health officials, and adjust its operations at park sites as necessary.
Park guests are encourage to follow GBRA social media accounts and monitor this page for the most current information.
Temporary Operations Adjustments
- Canyon Lake Gorge will reopen for guided tours only on Monday, June 1, 2020.
- Volunteers will continue to lead tours; however, no more than five volunteers will be onsite at one time.
- Volunteers and park staff will conduct temperature self-checks and fill out health questionnaires at the start of each day.
- Park staff and volunteers will be provided with facemasks, hand sanitizer, disinfectants, gloves and other requested PPE.
- Tour participants are limited to 10 participants for June, July and August.
- Tour reservations and payment can be made online here, or by calling the office at (830) 964-5424. No payments will be taken onsite.
- Tour leaders will be using a PA system to allow for social distancing of at least six feet during tours.
- All tools and supplies will be cleaned/sterilized after each use Currently ELOO restrooms are utilized at the Gorge – they are open air and single use. The ELOOs will be cleaned and disinfected after each tour and the start/end of each day.
- Tour participants are not allowed inside the office building. Check-in will occur at the picnic tables outside.
- Tour registration and payment must be made beforehand either online here, or by calling the Gorge office at (830) 964-5424. No payments will be taken onsite.
- Tour participants will be asked to conduct temperature self-checks and fill out health questionnaires upon arrival.
- All tours are limited to 10 participants in June, July and August. This limit will be revisited when safety allows.
- All check-in supplies (pens, etc.) will be sanitized between tours.
- A shuttle is used to transport tour participants to the top of the Gorge. Family groups will be transported separately from other family groups. The shuttle will be disinfected between each use.
- A hand-sanitizing station is available at the check-in location. Tours start and end here.
Temporary guidelines to follow when visiting the park
- Maintain at least a six-foot distance from anyone not in your group.
- We strongly encourage guests to wear face masks or other face coverings.